The Big City national flag is also known as ‘Das Flemme’ (Benoz) or ‘The Flame’ (English).
It was designed by Tom Christ in 1938 during the freedom protests and was adopted as the national flag when they were freed on 20th October, 1945.
It consists of two parallel slanting lines from the top to the bottom that divide the flag into three parts, the left and right parts have a black dot at their centre while the middle part has an orange and yellow flame. The middle part is green, the left and right parts are purple while the slanting lines are black.
The flag has a 1:2 breadth:length ratio. The flame represents the torch that was used to burn the nazi flag in front of the German Headquarters in Big City in 1940. The two black dots were not there in the original design made by Tom Christ but were added in the 1955 to remeber Tom Christ (died in 1950) and James Creighton (died in 1955).
The green symbolised the forests of Dezo and Fezo and the purple was a symbol of wealth. The flag is there on every government building and in 1960, the Flag Act was passed which made it illegal to put up a faded flag and it also said that every citizen should be given one full-size Big Citian flag for free to put up in their houses or somewhere else.
Big Citian flags are not available for sale inside Big City because they are not supposed to be a ‘means of making money.’ (According to the constitution of Big City) and if anyone wants a Big Citian flag they can ask the government for one and they will give it to them for free or for a quarter amire (depending upon the requirement).
But, in case of any tragedy, the Big City government made a formal announcement and ordered all Big Citian flags to be lowered to half-mast for a one week period.